Now available for Pisi Linux
What is Cantata?
Cantata is a (yet another!) client for the music player daemon (MPD). Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, the code is now *very* different. Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application. The interface is very configurable - most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Currently Cantata has the following views:
1. Library - sorted as Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), Album, and finally Track.
2. Albums - displays albums as icons, sorted by their title.
3. Folders - displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
5. Dynamic - dynamic playlists
6. Streams - allows saving of internet radio URLs, searching for stations via TuneIn or ShoutCast, station listings from; Digitally Imported (+Sky, JazzRadio, RockRadio), TuneIn, IceCast, ShoutCast, SomaFM, etc.
7. Online - Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts
8. Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices, and ripping AudioCDs
The sidebar has a context menu, allowing you to control its style and what items are shown.
Take a look at the Screenshots:
You can download and install it so:
that is all after it have fun with Cantata